Thursday, February 4, 2016

Let's Get Away


Let's Get Away 6 x 6 oil on panel

Cavallo Point once an army post known as Ft. Baker, is located 
in Sausalito, CA. With views of the San Francisco skyline, it is now a
luxury hotel. Guests can choose between historic or modern lodging.
We chose historic! I love painting architecture. It's kind of like fitting
pieces of a puzzle together. I don't trace the image on my surface, but
start with a few markings to establish the placement of some of the key 
elements, such as the peaks of the roof. From there, using my brush as
a tool, I hold it up at the same angle as I see in my subject and then 
replicate that angle on my painting. If I am careful and patient, I find
that it comes together in a fairly believable representation. This 
painting is available on the Daily Paintworks auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment